Many kids in America stop riding bikes in high school. Riding through puddles is no longer cool. Two wheels get traded in for four.
But for hundreds of kids in Northern California, the ride never stops…it gets faster. These are the student-athletes of the NorCal High School Mountain Bike League. They come from the mountains, the suburbs, and the city. Some ride carbon fiber race bikes, others old steel clunkers. They ride to win, to finish, or just to escape. For six weekends every spring, they don their school colors, roll up to the start line, and fly.
Both inspiring and touching, the documentary addresses the question of what mountain biking can do for the mind, body, and social lives of today’s teens by following six diverse student-athletes throughout a season of racing.
- Where: Central Field (Contratti Baseball Field) in Fairfax
- When: Friday, May 31st at 9pm, ticket sales begin at 8:30pm
- Tickets $10, cash or credit card
- Featuring a local Fairfax rider
- Proceeds go to Drake High School Mountain Bike Team