BEFORE YOU REGISTER…
Before you begin the team registration process, we have a few minimum requirements and things for you to consider regarding participation in the program:
- We’re self-supported — we are not funded by the school. Money for the program comes from fundraising, sponsors, and riders’ families. A full season is a relatively expensive endeavor. Family donation amount and League fees will be made available later in the year. We have full need-based scholarships available.
- We operate more like a team than a club. Nearly all of our activities are off-campus rides done outside of school hours during the season. On-campus, school-time meetings will be rare.
- All participants must commit to at least two (2) practices per week, and to completing at least three (3) races in the NorCal High School Mountain Bike Racing League series.
- All participants must meet the academic requirement of a 2.2 GPA. Riders not meeting the requirement will be suspended from all team activities until that requirement is met.
- Drake MTB events including the Tamarancho 1000, Trailwork Day, Drake MTB Kick-Off Dinner, and End-of-Season BBQ and any Team Fundraisers are important and attendance by all riders is mandatory.
Please discuss this openly with your parents/guardians as well as going over our FAQs page for more important info to consider and discuss.
Drake MTB is a life-altering experience. We invite you to embrace it.
READY TO REGISTER? ARRRGH! HERE’S HOW!!
To register, you must complete all 4 items below by the due dates listed:
|REGISTER ONLINE||Use our online registration form to give us all your vitals and emergency information – lots of info!
Critical to be accurate and complete!
|October 24||PREP FORM (PDF)ONLINE REGISTRATION FORM|
|PARENT WAIVER FORM||Must be printed and signed by parent or legal guardian, and turned into Coach Jeff’s box in the staff lounge by 11/1.||November 1||PARENT WAIVER (PDF)|
|PAY TEAM DUES||The final dues amount will be announced after the Tamarancho 1000 Fundraiser (Nov. 1, 2014), which is when we will know how much we have raised through all our other fundraising efforts, and what the ‘gap’ is. The dues you pay cover the gap, so the more fundraising we do, the lower your dues!||TBD|
|SIGN UP FOR THE DRAKE MTB GOOGLE GROUP||This is how we communicate. It is required that all team families become members by going to the Drake MTB Google Group, clicking “Apply To Join Group”, and entering your info. Your request will be approved within a day.||November 1||DRAKE MTB GOOGLE GROUP|
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact one of us:
Director Paul Chourre
paul(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)Drakemtb.org
Head Coach Sarah Starbird
sarah.starbird(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)gmail.com
Head Coach Otis Guy
og(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)otisguycycles.com
School Administrator Jeff Broussard
jbroussard(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)tamdistrict.org